About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A long-time Toronto-area Actor and Singer, Jeff Madden is now focusing on Teaching acting and singing in the GTA. Jeff starred as "Frankie Valli" in both the Toronto and Australian productions of JERSEY BOYS, winning the DORA award for outstanding performance in a musical by a male actor. Jeff is busy back at school, getting his MEd at U of T's OISE.

Monday, October 27, 2008

BIG NEWS!

IT’S OFFICIAL!

Well, sort of... It's official for me, just not for you yet.

In six weeks time, I’m going to be starring in a smash hit musical in Toronto. Unfortunately I can't write any more about it just yet. Although I have already started rehearsals, the company wants to make it's own casting announcement before I can tell you myself. Seems fair, doesn't it?

That's the good news. The bad news is, doing this show means I have to bow out of no less than three other engagements, which is a major bummer not only to me, but to the producers of those shows. I know for a fact that I’ve already been replaced by two awesome talents at Talk Is Free Theatre in Barrie for their upcoming productions of Kiss Me Kate and Variations on a Nervous Breakdown. Please, go see these shows – you will not be disappointed! And I’m sure that in the months to come, the same will unfold for The Boys in the Photograph in Winnipeg. I really, really wanted to do these shows. We tried very hard to work it out so I could do these shows and the new show, but it wasn’t meant to be. Unfortunately, sometimes these things happen in this crazy business.

I will have much more to say about the situation later, as soon as I'm given the green light. Meanwhile, I'll just say that my new and improved WEBSITE is almost ready to go. News about that will come soon, too.

Keep on Taking the Wheel, friends.

No comments: